Introducing Dr Denis Fedorenko, Haematologist, Associate Professor, PhD:
There’s not a lot out there in “google-land” about Dr Fedorenko that isn’t all “credentials” and “stats”, which you can read about further below. But I wanted the juice! Yes, he is exceptional – he has treated over 270 HSCT patients and has a zero mortality rate – but who is the man behind those amazing blue eyes?
Based on past patients’ experiences, I have put together an “amazing-Dr-Fedorenko-dossier”. It is only a sample of good feedback about the man, but hopefully, it will give you more of an idea of why I feel so comfortable travelling to Russia to be treated by this incredible doctor.
- From the beginning, Dr. Fedorenko always said, “We are a team!”. He is our oncologist/haematologist, guide, and protector. Only 37 years old, he is an incredibly sweet and attentive doctor. (Brooke Taylor Slick, MS Patient)
- “I was totally amazed by Dr F today. He sat down and went over every test today and answered all our questions. He told us he believes a doctor needs to love his patients, and that it shouldn’t be a hierarchy of doctor up here ^ and patient down here. We need to work together; he will do his part as a doctor & mom needs to do her part by believing 100% that this is going to work., as well as her support system. We believe!!!” (Anonymous, MS Patient)
- “I had a long visit with Dr. Fedorenko yesterday, almost an hour. Tell me how many physicians you know would sit by a patient’s bed to discuss treatments, studies, research, trials and results?” (Anonymous, MS Patient)
- Exactly 5 months ago today, Dr F reinfused my squeaky-clean new stem cells. I’d have blogged about my thoughts on this wonderful anniversary, but I was way to busy enjoying life – entertaining friends poolside. No more living on the couch…no more wheely walker at the mall, no more clinging to kitchen counters trying to stay upright. Just pure, happy fun! Thanks Dr Fedorenko!! (Kristy Cruise, MS Patient)
- The worlds most kind, caring doctor is having a birthday today! Happy birthday Dr F…and thanks for giving me a future to look forward to! Xx (Kristy Cruise, Ms Patient)
Dr Fedorenko’s Credentials:
Based upon his publications and experience, Dr. Fedorenko has the credentials that establish him as an expert in the field of HSCT treatment for autoimmune disorders.
1993 – 1999:
Military Medical Academy named after SM Kirov
1999 – 2000:
Internship in “Internal Medicine”
2001 – 2004:
Postgraduate studies at the Department of Hematology and Clinical Immunology, Military Medical Academy
- Treated over 270 HSCT patients with a zero mortality rate
- Authored more than 60 scientific papers
- Treats diseases of the blood with the use of modern technology, including bone marrow transplantation, high-dose chemotherapy, and immunotherapy haematological malignancies (lymphoma, leukemia)
- High-immunosuppressive therapy with autologous hematopoietic cells in multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune diseases
- Member of the research program of quality of life and symptoms of patients with hematological malignancies combined with various treatment programs.
- Interned, July 2008, in the department of bone marrow transplantation at the University Hospital Charité, Berlin, Germany